A photo( and occasional sketch) diary to monitor my culture shock from my move from a West Coast urban city to a beautiful and very small rural community in The Great North West. ***Click on pics for larger image. Updated every week, if we're lucky.***

Sunday, July 08, 2007

60. VSPD! 20 yr spell broken...


Today Que and I rode our bicyles around the neighborhood. It had been about 8 years for Que, and 20 years for me. It was just a short 20 minute ride. We saw one car the whole time.

I look forward to running errands this way, and riding down to the Tuesday and Sunday Farmer's market with Que. A few of you probably remember my freak bike accident in '87, which caused me to stop riding altogether. I was lucky, I guess, and recovered fine, despite my psychological barrier from speedy sports. A small, quiet town like El Big is the perfect place to finally get over it.

No comments:

Blog Archive