A photo( and occasional sketch) diary to monitor my culture shock from my move from a West Coast urban city to a beautiful and very small rural community in The Great North West. ***Click on pics for larger image. Updated every week, if we're lucky.***

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

93. First Folk

A few historical photos from the El Big region's history books...
Their leader, Chief Joseph, famous for promoting peace.

Local Tribesman Rattlin' Pete

First folk NW regional cuisine side dish

A first bungalow




The man assigned to control the unruly warriors

Chief Lookinglass, the man who led the fight for the lands.
A local tribeman warrior
Meeting for the land allottment, 1889
Famous face
The beautiful cultural center/ museum/ art center/cafe 1 hr north of El Big

***
I am honored to be an invited artist for a fundraiser event in November.
Stay tuned for event photos.
***

1 comment:

Raluca said...

great pictures ,great characters!I´ll be happy to see more,if you´ll post...I was and i´m fascinated about these people and about their strong charactr faceing the cruelty of history!Hope you don´t mind íf i´ll copy this photos in my computer?Best of wishes!

Blog Archive